The Fire Butt Challenge is a writing challenge created by Michal and her incredibly funny writing partner, Katie Frawley,
Approximately once a month, Katie and I will spring a #FiBuCha on Twitter. It is free and open to anyone with a writing fire burning inside. As Katie says on her website, "You will not know when Fire Butt Day is coming. It's the out-of-the-blue nature of the challenge that makes it so fun... and effective!"
The rules are simple:
1. Grab a trusted writing partner.
2. Write: Use this 24 hour challenge to write a new picture book draft, revise an old manuscript, bang out a chapter in your memoir, or write that query letter you've been avoiding. This is your time to complete ANY writing-related task on your to-do list.
3. Accountability: send your completed work to your partner.
4. (This is part is optional): Critique your partner's work and email it back to them.
5. Celebrate! You completed a writing challenge!
If you'd like us to join us, send your Twitter handle to @KatieFrawley1 or @MicBabay.
And next Fire Butt Day, we'll tag you!